Monday, April 26, 2010

Reassembly !

Ok so now the project is really picking up steam,
I finished painting most of the components and am now starting to reassemble the bike!

here's my progress so far...

it looks better than it is, the brakes arent hooked up or anything, and i did do a test fit of the rear wheel, and i'll have to replace it as it badly kinked, and well.. not round anymore... oh well, it was the rustiest piece (that i wont have to sand anymore :D yes!) I'll also need a chain, but that was my fault, i was using the chain breaker and... i broke it.

oh ya and bar tape is hard wrap properly, this will require some practice.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

We are back online!

After much delay, entirely due to school getting in the way, and my spray booth (balcony) being severely chilled by winter.

None the less we are back, and i've already finished sanding down the frame and have primed and painted it black. It needs a few clear coats, and then it will be ready for re-assembly. I've also decided to plain many of the chrome components whose chrome is .. faded. They've been primed and will soon be painted a creamy off-white. Together with the black frame, brown leather bar-tape and saddle the retro look will be complete.